FACTS, 19 Apr 2020" In conclusion, majority of the things you pointed out either didn't translate into benefits ... moreS10e is a way superior phone in every department. You are making excuses for iPhone SE 2020 in every section. Will rather pay more and get a proper flagship with flagship screen than buying the iPhone SE 2020.
Enjoy that tiny 4.7 inch 720p midget screen.
Hello where would be the best site to order the OnePlus phone from China.
JDK, 18 Apr 2020I take issue with multiple of your arguments:
1. Thinner and lighter does make a phone good... more" In conclusion, majority of the things you pointed out either didn't translate into benefits in real-life usage "
Actually, all the things I pointed out translate into real world life usage as those are hardware specs for crying out loud. Either we move up the ladder or we move down so in essence, specs talk and it's as simple as that.
OnePlus phones are more expensive in Hong Kong top, even as parallel imports. Around USD 150 more expensive.
JDK, 18 Apr 2020I take issue with multiple of your arguments: 1. Thinner and lighter does make a phone good... moreIn conclusion, majority of the things you pointed indicated that you want users to make a bunch of compromises for a phone in the same price range as S10e just coz you want a fruit logo on the back.
FACTS, 18 Apr 2020" last year's S10e costed the same as an iPhone XR and not better in any single way except the... moreI take issue with multiple of your arguments:
1. Thinner and lighter does make a phone good, but more compact, especially if it has a proportional display to that( 6.1 inch vs. 5.8 inch) is purely subjective in terms of superiority.
Some people just like bigger phones more!
2. IP68 is better then IP67, but unless you use your phone in water or in showers once every day, it probably won't matter that much.
3. Higher MP doesn't nessecarily mean more quality, especially on selfie cameras. What really matters is the image processing. And who needs 4K video capture on the selfie camera anyways?
4. Larger battery doesn't nessecarily mean better battery: the s10e's OLED display will probably drain much more battery than iPhone's LCD. The measily 200 mAH difference combined with that, and XR ultimately has superior battery life.
5. The brightness of OLED displays means that you NEED radiation reduction in order to make it palatable to the eyes.
6. Samsung doesn't have the ecosystem to even fully take advantage of reverse wireless charging. And, combined with greater battery drain from s10e means not a lot of battery left to charge your other devices. Maybe would have been better on s10+ with larger battery.
7. Gorilla Glass 4 and Gorilla Glass 5 have a small difference, but the lightness of s10e means a greater drop chance in return.
In conclusion, majority of the things you pointed out either didn't translate into benefits in real-life usage, or make small differences that don't really matter. Only the display, expandable storage, maybe extra ultrawide camera, maybe AKG tuned speakers(you need to test speakers in real life instead of relying on specs), maybe wifi-6, maybe thinner and lighter really matter.
Anonymous, 17 Apr 2020When is a price drop likely?Never, OnePlus phones do not get significantly cheaper. You can wait but I doubt that the price will drop significantly. The only thing that can affect the change is this blockade by covid19 . A lot of people don't go to work and the service industry doesn't work at all
.alpha, 17 Apr 2020Order from China. Qualcomm do not have a monopoly in China so SD865 phones in China re cheaperGood advice I order directly from China. There is no VAT in the Czech Republic for such a small order from China.
LilPhone, 17 Apr 2020Read the article carefully and it's a limited-time offer. Once this offer is lifted then it'll... more" last year's S10e costed the same as an iPhone XR and not better in any single way except the display "
umm... let's compare:
S10e is much more compact, thinner and lighter as well.
S10e has Gorilla glass 5 while XR just got Gorilla Glass.
S10e is IP68 certified while XR is only IP67.
S10e got HDR10+ & an Always on display while XR is devoid of those.
S10e got expandable storage while XR is stuck with what's built inside.
S10e got a dual camera system, two eyes versus the XR's one eye.
S10e got a higher MP selfie cam with 4K video capture while XR is only at FHD.
S10e got a 3.5mm audio jack while XR doesn't.
S10e got AKG tuned speakers while XR doesn't have Beats tuning or nothing whatsoever.
S10e got Wi-Fi 6 while XR stuck at 5
S10e also got a radio, reverse wireless charging, higher battery and even a 50% reduction in radiation levels so yeah, Samsung owns it all once again.
Order from China. Qualcomm do not have a monopoly in China so SD865 phones in China re cheaper
Anonymous, 17 Apr 2020Yeah, and to get that 600, you need to trade in a 1000$ phone... Adds up, doesn't it? Pixels a... more"And this is ONE of OODLES of promotions and deals. In many cases, additional savings from other perks."
Let that sink in your mind for a minute, smdh!
LilPhone, 17 Apr 2020Read the article carefully and it's a limited-time offer. Once this offer is lifted then it'll... moreAnd you need to understand what "promotions and deals" mean.
Of course, a DEAL/PROMOTION is attached to a limited time. That is why it's called... wait for it... DEAL/PROMOTION!
Simple solution, don't buy it. If a company wants me to pay 24% more than another region for the same product they're going to have to show me what's making up the price difference. There are plenty of reasonably priced mid range phones that are not being sold this way.
talk is cheap, 17 Apr 2020yo, let me give you a clue, whichever consumer electronic company doing biz in EU, has to hire... moreSo just because a consumer electronic company is doing business in the EU and has to hire local people to run service centers ( where at least 1 should be in every country just to point it out ) fully justifies a 100 , 200 or even 300 price hike ? When it should be their obligation to have repair centers in every country they want to make money off people ?
You're basically favoring business and not the consumer by these anti-tactics.